Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mid-July

It's mid-July and finally some cooler weather has moved in...we've actually had rain the last couple of days.

Jay is feeling about the same - not good, not horrible, but somewhere in between! He goes back to his hepatologist in mid-August (hopefully, she won't be on maternity leave when its time for his appointment). He's extremely jaundiced these days...I hope that means he'll move "up" the list!

I have a kidney stone in my right kidney....after becoming much more disallusioned with my MD's office, I did a search and found a urologist on my own. He has scheduled a "sonar blast" for this coming Thursday, but says it's "no big deal."

I tore my calf muscle Friday night - same injury as last year, just different leg. I was walking through the living room, reached down to "mess with the dog," and heard it pop! Jay was actually in the other room and heard it! He came into the living room and by that time, I was on the couch, saying "not so nice things." He said, "What was that noise?"

Saturday morning, he took me to the emergency room and they diagnosed me. Told me to stay off of it for a couple of days and then into a moon boot, I go for 6 weeks. I NEED SOMEONE TO JUST THROW ME A BONE! I need a week that nothing goes wrong!!!!

Say prayers for us as we muddle through!

Love to all,
Karen

No comments: